[Digikam-users] Thumbnails update

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:34:48 GMT 2008

2008/3/4, TransFXB <fx at fxbelloir.net>:

> Hello forum, hello developpers,

Hi

This is my first post in this forum.

> I use Digikam in Gnome environment (Gutsy 7.10) and I have several
> questions.
>
> 1) I have noticed that only thumbnails that are visible in the windows are
> updated/displayed, not the others until you scroll up or down.
>
> Why not continue updating as a background task the others that are not
> visible?

There is already a report about this subject in bugzilla... its in my TODO
list.

2) As told in the header, I use Digikam in Gnome environment.
> I am not 100% sure, but it seems that Digikam does not use ~./thumbnails
> as a proxy cache.

wrong. dgiKam use ~./thumbnails following opendesktop.org paper (like
konqueror for ex.)

Each time I click on a folder in Digikam, it seems that thumbnails are
> rebuilt from scratch.
> Is it true/possible?

it's a right acess problem on ~./thumbnails ? This folder content changes ?

3) I would like to be contacted by Gilles if possible. I have something
> special to ask ;-)

Send me a mail in private if you want:

http://www.digikam.org/?q=contact

Best