[Digikam-users] Thumbnails update

TransFXB fx at fxbelloir.net
Tue Mar 4 21:04:01 GMT 2008

Hello forum, hello developpers,

This is my first post in this forum.

I use Digikam in Gnome environment (Gutsy 7.10) and I have several
questions.

1) I have noticed that only thumbnails that are visible in the windows are
updated/displayed, not the others until you scroll up or down.

Why not continue updating as a background task the others that are not
visible?

2) As told in the header, I use Digikam in Gnome environment.
I am not 100% sure, but it seems that Digikam does not use ~./thumbnails to
as a proxy cache.
Each time I click on a folder in Digikam, it seems that thumbnails are
rebuilt from scratch.
Is it true/possible?

3) I would like to be contacted by Gilles if possible. I have something
special to ask ;-)