[Digikam-users] Wallpapers from Digikams collections?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat Jun 14 10:32:12 BST 2008

Dnia Saturday 14 of June 2008, Philipp Matthias Hahn napisaƂ:
> Hello!
>
> Since I'm not subscribed to his mailing list, please cc: me on replies.
>

> Is there some easy way to _automatically_ change my KDE wallpaper
> (background image), choosing from the collections of Digikam?
>
> I have several GiBs of photos and rarely find time to review them. What
> I would like is some way to automatically replace the background image
> with another photo from the collections I manage with digikam. KDEs
> simple slide show doesn't work, since I have a large hierarchy of
> directories. I'd either have to regularly add new directories to it's
> list or would have to place all images in a single directory.
>
> Bonus points to some solution, where I could specify some filters like
> 'only pictures rates with more than 2 stars' or 'only pictures tagged
> with x,y or z'.

Well, it is possible but not from inside of digiKam. The easiest route
- yeah, that may sound like joke ;) - is to write your own
bash/zsh/whatever script which will use sqlite3 command utility to query
digikam3.db and copy your chosen file to some specific place. In KDE
wallpaper settings chose this place as source of wallpaper. If you make
this script running with each system start each time you will have new
wallpaper.

You need a bit of shell and SQL knowledge. And yes, this is the easiest
way :)

m.