[Digikam-users] Wallpapers from Digikams collections?

Philipp Matthias Hahn pmhahn at titan.lahn.de
Thu Jun 12 16:39:03 BST 2008

Hello!

Since I'm not subscribed to his mailing list, please cc: me on replies.

Is there some easy way to _automatically_ change my KDE wallpaper
(background image), choosing from the collections of Digikam?

I have several GiBs of photos and rarely find time to review them. What
I would like is some way to automatically replace the background image
with another photo from the collections I manage with digikam. KDEs
simple slide show doesn't work, since I have a large hierarchy of
directories. I'd either have to regularly add new directories to it's
list or would have to place all images in a single directory.

Bonus points to some solution, where I could specify some filters like
'only pictures rates with more than 2 stars' or 'only pictures tagged
with x,y or z'.

BYtE
Philipp
--