[Digikam-users] Dealing with subdirectories

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Jul 26 15:06:41 BST 2008

My video camera stores clips in subdirectories.  Every time you turn the
camera on it creates a new subdirectory; each time you pause and start
it puts the clip into the current subdirectory.  The files in the
subdirectories have the same filename.  Since digikam scans the whole
tree, I end up with lots of identically names files, and I lose the
grouping of the clips.

Is there some way to tell digikam to transfer the directory tree as-is,
instead of file-by-file into a single directory?

Thanks,

--Yan

--
  o__

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation