[Digikam-users] Import existing folder

Mihaela myhaella5 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 22:47:46 BST 2008

Andi Clemens wrote:
> First of all you need KDE4 libs (maybe the whole desktop to make sure all the
> necessary dependencies are installed).
> All of the libs (except lensfun, but this is an optional package anyway)
> should be included in the KDE4 desktop installation, at least this is the
> case for my linux distribution. Here in Archlinux I get fresh KDE4 packages
> weekly, but since I develop for digiKam I compile all mentioned libs by
> myself...
>
> Andi
I've read on the website that the new version of KDE has all those libs
included, but I don't have the latest KDE version (mine is
kdebase-6:4.0.5-5.fc9.x86_64), so I checked all the dependencies from
the Readme list and I have them all (including their devel packages)
except lensfun. For 3 of them I need the newer versions (libkipi, kexiv2
and kdcraw). That is what cmake reports too after I run it.

If I get the newer versions for those 3 libs will I be able to compile?

This is what I get after cmake .
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.5 (using /usr/bin/qmake-qt4)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib64/libX11.so
-- Found KDE 4.0 include dir: /usr/include/kde4
-- Found KDE 4 library dir: /usr/lib64/kde4/devel
-- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler4 preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler4
-- Found KDE4 automoc: /usr/bin/kde4automoc
-- Found lcms version 1.17, /usr/lib64/liblcms.so
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
-- Found PNG: /usr/lib64/libpng.so
-- Found gphoto2: -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lm;-lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lm
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
-- Found jasper: /usr/lib64/libjasper.so;/usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
-- Check Kdcraw library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kdcraw library using pkg-config...
-- Found libkdcaw release < 0.2.0, too old
-- Check Kexiv2 library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kexiv2 library using pkg-config...
-- Found libkexiv2 release < 0.2.0, too old
-- Check Kipi library in local sub-folder...
-- Check Kipi library using pkg-config...
-- Found libkipi release < 0.2.0, too old
-- Found KDE PIM libraries
-- KDE CMake PKGCONFIG macro indicates that lensfun is not installed on
your computer.
-- Install the package which contains lensfun.pc if you want to support
this feature.
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package LensFun
--
--  digiKam dependencies results -------------------
--  Qt4 SQL module found........... YES
--  libgphoto2 library found....... YES
--  libtiff library found.......... YES
--  libpng library found........... YES
--  libjasper library found........ YES
--  liblcms library found.......... YES
--  libkipi library found.......... NO
--
CMake Error:  digiKam needs libkipi library >= 0.2.0. You need to
install libkipi first
--  libkipi website is at http://www.kipi-plugins.org
--
--  libkexiv2 library found........ NO
--
CMake Error:  digiKam needs libkexiv2 library >= 0.2.0. You need to
install libkexiv2 first
--  libkexiv2 website is at http://www.kipi-plugins.org
--
--  libkdcraw library found........ NO
--
CMake Error:  digiKam needs libkdcraw library >= 0.2.0. You need to
install libkdcraw first
--  libkdcraw website is at http://www.kipi-plugins.org
--
--  libkdepimlibs library found.... YES