[Digikam-users] Using Digikam in Gnome

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Jul 17 20:18:33 BST 2008

Hi Martin,

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Martin Fisher wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I am using Digikam in Gnome (because Digikam is good, and there is no
> equivalent that ahs its facilitites as far as I am aware). It's a pity,
> at least from my point of view, that there is no Gnome version.

Well, I use neither KDE nor Gnome, and thus I am very much
looking forward to a FVWM version. (OK, I am just kidding, everything
works perfect under FVWM here ... ;-)

> Anyway, there are a number of items that don't work in Gnome, such as
> sending by e-mail or associating .ORF (Olympus raw files) with an
> installed application. Is there any way that I can fix such items, to
> make my use of Digikam under Gnome a more efficient experience?

To associate files with an application you might use kcontrol.

I have no idea about sending by e-mail because I don't use that ....
Maybe someone else can comment on this ...

Best, Arnd