[Digikam-users] Incorrect thumbnails for *.CR2 Canon RAW files in the transfer window

spade2008 sammy.spade at laposte.net
Tue Jul 15 09:26:46 BST 2008

Thanks to both Guillaume and Gillesfor your quick answers.

I made the following tests:
- update the camera firmware from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 (but the release is about
minor improvements)
- update libgphoto2-2, libgphoto2-2-dev, libgphoto2-2-port0 from 2.4.0-7 to
2.4.1-1 (the most recent one in Debian unstable).
But as you expected, none of this updates improved the thumbnails display.

As Gilles advised, I tried to put my CF card into my card reader and the
thumbnails are correctly displayed. It is a way to get what I want but it is
not the most convenient one.

Then I tried to change the camera menu option "Communication" from
"Print/PTP" to "PC connection". The camera is not detected at the first
off/on sequence, but correctly at the 2nd one. It is automatically added in
the "Camera" menu of Digikam as "Canon Digital Rebel XT (normal mode)".
Miracle ! the thumbnails are correctly displayed in the transfer window.

I remember that the "PC connection" option was the default one, but I
switched to "Print/PTP" because the camera was never detected. Since this
decision, many packages have been updated and maybe some of them (for
example libgphoto) make the camera to be detected.

Thanks.