[Digikam-users] How to build Digikam?

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Fri Jul 11 15:55:20 BST 2008

> That's all symptoms of the same disease, that in your setup KDE does not
> find installed files. Therefore you have no plugins of any sort, you have
> no ioslaves (you dont see any pictures, timeline is empty), you have no
> export options.
> What you still see (albums, tags, searches) comes from the digikam database
> file without any further libs or plugins.

Hi all,

I don't know what's wrong here, but changing the digikam install path to
/usr/lib/kde4 instead of a custom path resolved the issue, now I finally have a
working digikam 0.10! The thumbnails, kipi-plugins, lensfun, marble widget,
it's all there =)

I can see improvements in many places, and overall high potential for a superb
program. So first of all, let me thank the developers for all the hard work
that you have obviously put into it! The new search methods, in particular
searching on a map, look fantastic, and also the lens correction tool is
greatly appreciated.

On the other hand, there are still many bugs around. To begin with, clicking a
thumbnail does not show the picture, but only white screen :o ... In edit
mode, I can see and edit my pics, though.
Well, I'll write some bug reports in the next days.

Until then, thanks for digikam, and best regards,
Gandalf