[Digikam-users] How to build Digikam?

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Fri Jul 11 10:32:22 BST 2008

Hooray,

after a fresh checkout, everything compiles again, thanks for fixing it!
However, I still can't see any thumbnails/images. Let me describe a few more
strange things I experience here:

- When running cmake ... from a build dir within graphics/, all the cmake
stuff like CMakeCache.txt, CMakeFiles/, etc was created in graphics/ itself
instead of graphics/build . Compiling in graphics/ work fine, however.

- In the config dialog Settings->Config digikam->Kipi Plugins, it says "0 Kipi
plugins found", although I compiled and installed them from svn, too.

- I tried to import images manually, but the "Add Images" button in
the "Import" menu is grayed out and can't be used.

- My album structure, tag structure and saved searches appear as in the old
digikam, but the timeline view is empty.

- The "Batch" and "Export" menus are missing: The buttons appear in the menu
bar, but clicking them does not expand any menu.

Is the above to be expected in this beta or rather a sign that something
wasn't set up properly here? I'm really looking forward to testing the new
digikam, so any help in sorting out these issues is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Gandalf