[Digikam-users] More questions about sort order in folders

Daniel Svärd daniel.svard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 02:20:20 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> ... and after a bit of looking around and fiddling I have got things
> to work the way I want!  :-)
>
> Currently all I have done is to replace the alphabetical sort in "Sort
> Albums - By Folder" with a sort by the date set in the album properties.
> So now I can set the dates in album properties and I get the albums in
> folder view in chronological order - whoopee!  :-)
>
> Would you like this developed a little further so that one can switch
> from alphabetical to chronological sorting?  Presumably the way to do
> this would be to add an extra menu option so there is:-
>
>    Sort Albums - By Folder Alphabetical
>                  By Folder Chronological
>                  By Collection
>                  By Date
>
> Another thing I would like to add is the ability to force a resort,
> currently one has to switch to a different "Sort Albums" option and
> back again to force a resort.
>
> Is this change of general interest or shall I just keep it as a
> private patch which I apply for my own use only?

Hi Chris,

I know at least I would enjoy this option for sorting my album list. It
would probably help me with setting the date property on them properly too.
Making it a menu choice would probably be a good idea as to not remove the
alphabetical sort option.

So please, do share.

Regards,
Daniel Svärd