[Digikam-users] More questions about sort order in folders

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Jul 9 22:32:45 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 08:07:09PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 07:38:32PM +0200, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> >
> > It seems that
> > int AlbumFolderViewItem::compare(QListViewItem *i, int col, bool
> > ascending)
> > does already something like this.
> > So maybe this, together with the corresponding QListViewItem
> > needs to be extended?
> >
> OK, thanks, that looks more like the right[ish] place, I'll do some
> digging around and see if I can understand it.

... and after a bit of looking around and fiddling I have got things
to work the way I want!  :-)

Currently all I have done is to replace the alphabetical sort in "Sort
Albums - By Folder" with a sort by the date set in the album properties.
So now I can set the dates in album properties and I get the albums in
folder view in chronological order - whoopee!  :-)

Would you like this developed a little further so that one can switch
from alphabetical to chronological sorting?  Presumably the way to do
this would be to add an extra menu option so there is:-

    Sort Albums - By Folder Alphabetical
                  By Folder Chronological
                  By Collection
                  By Date

Another thing I would like to add is the ability to force a resort,
currently one has to switch to a different "Sort Albums" option and
back again to force a resort.

Is this change of general interest or shall I just keep it as a
private patch which I apply for my own use only?

--
Chris Green