[Digikam-users] How to build Digikam?

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 9 09:00:22 BST 2008

Hi Arnd and everybody,

now that was a set of useful instructions - thanks a lot! With your notes, I
could finally compile and install digikam 0.10 from svn.

For my fellow kubuntu users: At first, I received an error from cmake claiming
that QT_QTOPENGL_LIBRARY must be set. Installing libqt4-opengl-dev resolved
this. Second, after compiling and installing digikam, I was faced with an
error message that the qt4 sqlite plugin is missing. Having installed libqt4-
sql-sqlite , also this problem was overcome.

I was however not successful to find the correct package to solve the imlib
dependency (I installed basically everything with imlib in its name), but this
is apparantly optional.

Once digikam finished crawling through my pictures, selecting albums on the
left did not result in showing thumbnails in the main window. I am running a
"rebuild all thumbnails" right now and hope this fixes it; looking forward to
have a look at the new digikam :-)

Best,
Gandalf