[Digikam-users] How to build Digikam?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Jul 8 22:37:33 BST 2008

Hi Dotan,

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Sorry to be a pain, but I'm getting a warning with cmake and I cannot make:

don't worry!

> root at hardy-laptop:~/graphics/build# cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde4 ../../graphics
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:35
> (MESSAGE):
>   ERROR: Could not find KDE4 kde4-config

This is a case where `apt-file`  is handy:

  apt-file search kde4-config
  kde4libs-bin: /usr/lib/kde4/bin/kde4-config

So you should installd `kde4libs-bin`
If this is already installed, you might need to add:
  export PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/bin/:$PATH
so that this is found, because it is not in one of
the usual */bin directories.

HTH, best,

Arnd