[Digikam-users] IPTC

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:20:55 GMT 2008

Am Wednesday 30 January 2008 schrieb michael hughes:
> Am a very new user and would like to know how to get to the IPTC function.
> With RAW files downloaded from the camera (Canon 5D) can read the exif info
> but not write to the IPTC.
You have to enable in the settings->metadata->save to IPTC
but digikam won't write into RAW files, but in all others.

> Further; is it possible to batch edit IPTC.
Yes, just select all images to treat collectively

> Last
> question; how many images approx can Digikam sensibly handle (have an
> archive of more than 250,000 images)?
No problem (in principle). I do not know of anybody having more than 100K
images. There is a limit for kdirwatch (that alerts digikam that something
has changed in a folder) in terms of number of folders in the digiKam
library. If I remeber correctly it's 1024 folders. In KDE4 this will be
fixed.

Gerhard

--
http://www.gerhard.fr