[Digikam-users] Does Digikam manage webcams

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:17:45 GMT 2008

On 22/01/2008, Stephane Ascoet <Stephane.Ascoet at u-cergy.fr> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com>
>         If you could describe what you do not like about camorama, then
>         we
>         could suggest something else that may meet your needs.
>
> Hi, I think that they don't know what they really want themselves. They say that camorama doesn't work on some computers, but why, no idea...

Well, obviously it won't work on a computer without minimum hardware
requirements such as, say, a webcam...

Doesn't work means:
1) Will not install (then let us know how you are trying to install it
and what happens)
2) Will not run (then start it from a console and post the output here)
3) Will not see the camera (then make sure there is /dev/video and
post the end of the kernel log when plugging in a USB camera. If the
camera is not USB, then post more details)
4) Something else (be descriptive)

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il