[Digikam-users] Icons for albums

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 21 13:09:13 GMT 2008

It says in the digikam manual:-

    When you first view an Album, digiKam selects the first photograph
    in the Album as the icon to display in the "Albums" list.

I've never seen this happen, I have to say I'd prefer it not to happen
anyway so I'm quite happy but I'm curious to know why it doesn't work
for me.  I can specify an image's icon to use as the album icon, that
works fine.

I did notice that when I make the album icons smaller they reverted to
the default folder icon even where I had selected an image icon, is
this how it's suppsoed to work?

Finally, can I drop other icons onto the album icons, i.e. from
outside digikam?  I would find it useful to be able to differentiate
between albums containing monochrome and colour pictures for example.

--
Chris Green