[Digikam-users] Timeline question, plus first impressions of 0.9.3 - delighted!

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:31:11 GMT 2008

Am Monday 21 January 2008 schrieb elle stone:
> 2008/1/21, elle stone <jrle1 at twcny.rr.com>:
> > Would some knowledgeable person share - what is the difference between
> > "Tools, Update Metadata Database" and "Album, Synchronize images with
> > database"?
>
> Look here :
>
> http://docs.kde.org/kde3/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/menu-descriptions.ht
>ml#id2597928
>
> http://docs.kde.org/kde3/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/menu-descriptions.ht
>ml#id2601054
>

> Gilles, thank you very, very much.  I read the manual over twice, the
> second time explicitly looking for information about how digikam handles
> metadata, and somehow skipped right over exactly what I was looking for.  I
> will read through a third time and see what else I've missed.
>
> Elle

As the main handbook writer I will not distract you from reading it a third
time :-)
But there are faster ways. Gilles has been so intelligent to put in a lot of
context help into digiKam directly. If you want to have an explanation of a
menu item, just press shift+F1. The mouse cursor will transform into a ?. Use
it to go into the menu and click on an entry. Instead of the menu being
executed a pop-up explanation will appear.

Gerhard

--
http://www.gerhard.fr