[Digikam-users] Timeline question, plus first impressions of 0.9.3 - delighted!

elle stone jrle1 at twcny.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 12:20:51 GMT 2008

2008/1/21, elle stone <jrle1 at twcny.rr.com>:

> Would some knowledgeable person share - what is the difference between
> "Tools, Update Metadata Database" and "Album, Synchronize images with
> database"?

Look here :

http://docs.kde.org/kde3/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/menu-descriptions.html#id2597928

http://docs.kde.org/kde3/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/menu-descriptions.html#id2601054

Gilles, thank you very, very much.  I read the manual over twice, the second
time explicitly looking for information about how digikam handles metadata,
and somehow skipped right over exactly what I was looking for.  I will read
through a third time and see what else I've missed.

Elle