[Digikam-users] raw file conversion

Thomas Worthington tww at tww.cx
Fri Jan 18 14:16:22 GMT 2008

I suspect that what's happening is that the thumbnail view is extracting
the thumbnail that the camera made, rather than the actual RAW image, in
order to greatly speed up the process. When you edit you should get the
actual RAW image which will have none of the automatic adjustments that
the thumbnail has (since the thumbnail is in fact not RAW in any way).

I'm having a similar problem with my Fuji but in my case it's because the
"use secondary sensors" checkbox seems to be missing so I'm only getting
half my RAW data downloaded.

TW