[Digikam-users] raw file conversion

gunzip spammmmme at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:16:53 GMT 2008

Hello,
I'm used to shot in raw with a nikon d40 and then convert to a more portable
format.

When i display thumbnails and previews of the .nef (raw) files everything is
simply perfect
but once i click on 'edit' the images change (they looks brighter and lose
details).

This actually happens even if i chose to convert the raw pics into another
format
(tiff/ppm/png) despite of the parameters i select, but some details loss is
expected.

Actually what i want to achieve is to obtain an image from the raw
which is _exactly what i see on the screen during the .nef preview
(ie. clicking on the thumbnail before any processing) but in one of the
portable formats (no matter of the size).

The only way i manage to do this atm is to take a _screenshot of this
preview.
I assume that there should exist a less clumsy way to obtain the same result
(they're pixels on a screen so i assume they can be saved in some way apart
from screenshotting =)

i'm using digikam 0.9.1 with dcraw 8.39.

thanks in advance,
-d.

--
"Gobble, gobble, gobble, we accept you! One of us!"
"I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly"