[Digikam-users] Dark 16 bit RAW decoding

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Wed Jan 16 13:11:28 GMT 2008

Hi all,

When I try to edit a RAW image, it is very dark.  Yes, I did RTFM; I
have color management enabled :-)

I'm running digikam 0.9.2-final on KDE 3.5.8
Here are my digikam settings:

Color Management
------------------------------
Enable Color Management: on
Launch Color Management plugin with RAW files: on
Use color managed view: on
Color profiles selected for Monitor, Workspace (Adobe RGB), Input, Soft
Proof
Black point compensation: off
Rendering Intent: perceptual

RAW Decoding
--------------------------
16 bit color depth: on
Interpolate RGB as four colors: off
Use camera white balance: on
Automatic color balance: on

Thanks for any insights!

Paul

PS
Is there any way to select a specific color balance when converting
RAW?  Camera WB works most of the time, but sometimes I need a manual
WB, such as when photographing with a grey card.