[Digikam-users] linking instead of copying

Eddie Armstrong eddie_armstrong at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 4 17:23:43 GMT 2008

Eddie Armstrong wrote:
>> If you want to have all album virtual, well use only virtual folders..
>>
> So whats wrong with links or aliases?

I thought this might not make sense - what I meant was, delete a
reference to an object (a link) and have to delete the object itself
(the file/ directory) specifically.

I don't think you should expose your files to the ambiguity of calling
actual 'directories' something else- it is easy to forget what an
'album' is - especially when other programs - and the rest of the world
- uses this term differently.

Eddie