[Digikam-users] linking instead of copying

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:59:39 GMT 2008

2008/1/4, Eddie Armstrong <eddie_armstrong at ntlworld.com>:

> Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > To get virtual albums the concept of tags is the
> > way to go in digikam:
> In my view, *all* albums in Digikam should be virtual.
> If someone wishes to delete/move etc an original file they should have
> to do so  *specifically* , acting on files/folders not albums. I think
> the album concept is confusing and suspect many users have inadvertently
> acted on their original files.

No. Virtual albums and Physical album concept become a long reflexion
between developpers and users.

Image are stored on HDD. This is the reallity. Some users like to know where
images are stored on the disk.

Virtual albums help user to class/sort images coming from different physical
albums.

If you want to have all album virtual, well use only virtual folders... (or
use Kphotoalbum... But personally i hate to have all pictures without to
know where i can find it really)

Unforget that it's your personal viewpoint and not a general vision witch
can be applied to all photograph.

Gilles Caulier