[Digikam-users] Odp: [OT] Color Management Profiling

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Fri Jan 4 14:27:03 GMT 2008

Thanks for the reply, Piotr.  I think I will contact the profiling service you
mentioned.  They seem to be far and away the least expensive.

The problem with only using one profile (as I understand it) is that different
white balance settings alter color's relationships differently.  For example
(and purely hypothetically), a Sunny WB might depress the red, a Cloudy WB
might accentuate the red, and the Auto WB might only slightly accentuate the
red *and* depress the blue.  If this is the case, accurate color rendition of
the RAW file would require a profile for each...

Paul