[Digikam-users] Odp: [OT] Color Management Profiling

Piotr Tarnowski piotr_tarnowski at wp.pl
Thu Jan 3 22:04:10 GMT 2008

Paul,

for me it is not common to profile DSLR but if you would like you
probably should profile RAW image using best light source possible
(north window sun?)
White balance should be applied on image with applied profile so camera
white balancing is not a case.

In theory you need printer profile for any combination of
paper/ink/GuttenPrint settings,(I have one for my best settings and use
it for draft as well).
You can do profile by printing downloaded pattern, sending this printout
to someone who can measure profile and downloading your profile. Often
you can check results before you pay by downloading your sample photo
converted by ICC provieder. One profile costs c.a. $40 + 1 or 2 A4 pages
of print.
Some more details about preparing printer for profiling here:
http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/profiling.shtml

Hope this will help, even if OT :)
Piotr Tarnowski