[Digikam-users] [IPTC][TAG]Suggestion

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 08:26:23 GMT 2008

2008/1/4, leftplace <leftplace at gmail.com>:

> Hi all
>
> I have a suggestion using digi-kam - this is really great to manage photos
>
> TAGs ->  this is useful functions. but, I thought is function is only
> linked keywords tag on IPTC.
>
> For example, if I make new tag - Sidney -> that is used as a tag in
> digi-kam but  that may be linked to region (like location ) info in IPTC
>
> that function that can links tag  to information is in IPTC. ( there
> will be some dialog that can declare two relationship in digi-kam menu.
>

> In the Future,  It will be better to use IPTC info not tags  which is in
> digi-kam in searching or managing.
>

> This is my short - idea.
>
> I hope to see many people want to use IPTC info
>
> Thanks

This is exactly what future digiKam 0.10 released dedicaced to KDE4 will
work, excepted that XMP will be used by priority order to hosts metadata
from photograph. IPTC is always supported but XMP is better : UTF8 support
and no string size limitation.

Current 0.10 release already support XMP but search tools is broken and
still to improve to support new metadata like XMP, GPS location, fuzzy
search based on Haar matrix etc...

digiKam 0.10 release is planed around middle of 2008, not before... See
digiKam web project page for details.

Regards