[Digikam-users] My Albums missing?

hex hex at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 01:48:39 GMT 2008

Hi all

Well I did a rather drastic solution to this problem (I'm a linux newbie!) -
which probably won't help anyone at all - but just in case there are others
as impatient as me.......;-)

I found the digikam database (I used

find / -name digikam*.db* -type -f

at a command line (which if I'm right means look everywhere for a FILE
the -type f bit, named digikam-anything.db-anything)

 which I discovered is a SQLite database and had a look using SQLiteman and it
didn't seem to have all the albums there. (there must be something somewhere
tricking it into thinking they are because digikam wouldn't let me create
albums with the same name?) So not understanding SQLite databases I gave up!
and simply renamed the digikam database (just in case!!!) and restarted
digikam and digikam rebuilt all the albums (under it's album directory in the
filesystem) with a new database.

So now I can see all my albums again!

I would obviously urge extreme caution using this approach! Having really just
started in the world of digital photography and digikam I hadn't made any
ratings, comments etc etc which I presume would all have been lost if I had
any!!!

If anyone knows of any links or manuals for the digikam SQLite database (or a
handy query repository?) I'd be grateful.

DIL23
:)