[Digikam-users] Include Album Sub-Tree shows blank page

Gerry Patterson thedeepvoice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 19:21:21 GMT 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 1:04 PM, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Gerry,
>
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Gerry Patterson wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have compiled the digikam 0.9.3 from SVN.
>
> So this is then the upcoming 0.9.4, right?
> (i.e. you did not use a tarball or the revision precisely
> corresponding to 0.9.3 ?).

Hello,  First thank-you for the response.

I made a backup of the digikam3.db.  Next I tried with the latest code in
SVN as I wanted to see that nifty image counter stuff that was just put in.
But, I ran into this problem so I then did an 'svn update -r 751702' (I
think that is the corresponding revision number for 0.9.3)  Next, I did a
make clean, make install.  I also restored the digikam3.db.  But I still get
the same symptoms.

> > I wanted to see the Include
> > Album Sub-Tree option in action.  However when I enable it, no pictures
> are
> > displayed in the browser window.  Is there some upgrade procedure I need
> > do to the database?
>
> No, i.e., it should work out-of-the box because
> the database is not affected.
>
> > If I turn off the option, thumbnails come back.  This
> > occurs on albums that have sub-albums and ones that do not.
>
> Weird.
>
> > Any pointers would be greatly appriciated!
>

> I have no clue at all ...
> (will have to check with current svn ....)
> Anyone else having any idea?

Something to note.

I am running this version of digikam from my home directory.  There is
another version of digikam installed by the system packages as well.

To get digkam to configure properly, I edited the configure script to look
for the svn versions of libkdcraw, etc... first, instead of the ones on the
system.  (This is a known problem according to the forums).  When I was at
the latest version in SVN I checked out the image counter feature.  But, all
of the albums were reporting (0) yet I could see the thumbnails fine.  If I
open up digikam 0.9.2 (installed in the system via packages), everything
appears as normal.

I'll try enabling debug and see if some output occurs in the terminal.
I'll report back with findings.

Thanks again for responding!

- Gerry