[Digikam-users] somehwat OT, color management help?

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 09:20:56 GMT 2008

Am Monday 31 December 2007 schrieb Rei Shinozuka:
> hello, all.
>
> i am a relatively new digikam user, it's great for what i want to
> do, which is to organize raw photos off my camera (leica m8)
>
> i am very ignorant about color management... is there a resource
> to help me understand how to set up or use color management,
> preferably in a linux environment?  i use digikam and cinepaint
> mostly.
>
> thanks very much, and have a wonderful new year.
>
> -rei

Hi Rei,
I'm about to update the CM and RAW-processing section of the digiKam handbook,
but for the time being you can read this one here:
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-iccprofile.html

and this one:
http://linux.vilars.com/dotclear/index.php?2007/01/03/6-color-management-workflow-using-digikam

Happy New Year