[Digikam-users] svn: crash when opening editor

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Feb 25 10:14:08 GMT 2008

On Sunday 24 February 2008 23.00:40, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> [...]
> It must be
> something related to your setup in the home directory.

So to have a clean home directory I created a new user, but its the same
here...

what I did:

- create new user "dkam"
- log into this user with kde
- created /home/dkam/digikam/source
- copied exiv2-0.16.tar.gz to /home/dkam/digikam, unpacked here
- cd /home/dkam/digikam/exiv2-0.16
- ./configure prefix=/home/dkam/digikam/progs
- make
- make install
- cd /home/dkam/digikam/source
- ./compile_digikam.sh (script as from digikam site, but with
added "--enable-debug=full" to the two configure lines)
- cd /home/dkam/digikam/
- ./start_digikam.sh
- everything ok

- installed kdegraphics3 with Yast (Suse install tool)
- ./start_digikam.sh
- crashed (same bt results as in other install)

- removed kdegraphics3 with Yast
- ./start_digikam.sh
- everything ok again

So, it seems it is nothing wrong in my normal home directory "daniel", or my
openSuse 10.3 makes something wrong in every users home directory?

kind regards

Daniel

erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com/en/linux.html
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/