[Digikam-users] Beta1 for Digikam 0.10.0 ?

Julien Narboux Julien at narboux.fr
Wed Feb 20 08:22:18 GMT 2008

Hi all,

This list of new features is impressive ! thanks for the good work.

By the way concerning GPS, does the database (in Digikam 0.10) contains
a field to represent the precision of the GPS data ?

I think it would be usefull, let me explain why:
If you localize the picture using google maps at a large zoom : for
instance you localize a picture using the full world view, you just
click on one country lets say "france". If you zoom on france it does
not make sense to display this picture somewhere in france because that
position will be more or less a "random position".

I think database should contain the information that a picture is
located at position x, y, z at precision p meters.
If p is larger than a few pixels at current zoom level then the picture
tag should not be displayed at this zoom level.

If you think it makes sense I can add this as a wish.

Best,

Julien