[Digikam-users] Recording raw conversion parameters in metadata (was Re: Batch white balancing)

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Wed Feb 6 13:00:14 GMT 2008

On Sunday 20 May 2007 11:24:11 am Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2007/5/20, Martin Schmettow <schmettow at web.de>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > does someone know a way to do white balancing in batch? I already found
> > out how to save a white balancing profile with the editor and want to
> > apply it to a series of pictures now.
>
> This is not yet coded. But this way still in my mind.
>
> In fact with release 0.9.1, all image editor plugins settings can be saved
> in a config file. I have do it to be abbel to use it later with a Batch
> process tool included directly in digiKAm core (not a kipi-plugins) for
> example apply a filter from editor in batch mode.
>
> My idea is to use a container of image (something like the new Light Table
> included with 0.9.2 release do) and set for all items a list of actions to
> apply in batch. BibblePro has a tool to do something like that.
>
> By this way, you place in the Batch queue a list of pictures from any
> albums, and you set to apply WB adjustment + refocus to these images using
> you settings files saved from editor.
>
> Gilles

Gilles,

Something I've been meaning to suggest for a while, but your comment sparked
me to action :-)

Is it possible to record the actions taken on an image in its metadata?  As an
almost exclusive RAW shooter, I have a lot of converted images hanging around
that I know came from a RAW, but I can't track how they came into being.  It
would be nice to be able to look at the image's metatdata and see things
like:
- source image path
- conversion program (digikam, ufraw, etc.)
- white balance parameters
- input profiles
- etc.

Thanks for your consideration!