[Digikam-users] DNG (was Re: LightZone)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:02:25 GMT 2008

2008/2/5, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:

> Dnia Tuesday 05 of February 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> >
> > The Adobe License have been removed in this tarball. Great for an
> > opensource program !
> >
> > Or perhaps i missing something about licensing relevant of my primal
> > English (:=)))...
> >
> > Comments are welcome...
>
> Well, chdk is AFAIK Russian software. In Russia copyright laws are
> slightly different than in the rest of the world (and attitude toward
> breaking of it).

right... but GPL is GPL around the world, isn't it ?

Note: I would prefer if ROTW accepted Russian attitude
> toward copyrights but I would be *very* careful with including this
> code.

I will not include this code. I would take a look how is done the DNG
converter part (indeep using DNG sdk), and writting a patch around
libkdcraw.

DNG sdk is require of course for that. This is the problem... For the rest
of code, no GPL conflict is possible : this will be my code.

I would to have a license expert here, especially from Debian team. It's is
possible to use DNG sdk code in a GPL project and to publish it as GPL ?
Achim, waht do you think about ?

Maybe some contact with chdk authors?

sent message yesterday. no response...