[Digikam-users] exif writing

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Feb 5 16:37:34 GMT 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, jdd wrote:

> Arnd Baecker a écrit :
> > On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, jdd sur free wrote:
> >
> >> hello
> >> according to the mailing list archives, it seems i'm the only one
> >> bothering this :-(
> >>
> >> (http://www.google.fr/search?q=site%3Amail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/+exifs&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8)
> >
> > Hmm, are you referring to this thread
> >   http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2006-January/000868.html
> > ?
> >
> > If yes, do you have a link to the corresponding BKO entry?
>
> no need to open this now,

??? You opened it - so I am really confused about your intention...

> I said this only to show I did search the
> archives :-), and also to show this is not a new problem

OK  - and now? Do you want something to be done about it?
Without BKO entry nothing will happen and the problem
will get lost again ...

> >> but It seems also that the option of digikam "writing the comments in
> >> the exifs" don't works at all
> >>
> >> any idea?
> >
> > This is a bit short to understand the problem.
> > You need to give a much more detailed description of what you
> > would like to do, which settings you use to achieve this,
> > which result this should have, what you observe, ...
>
> simple. I open the "comment" right window and write comment there. I
> *have* already quoted the option in digikam config "write the comments
> to the metadata" (in config/config digikam/metadata)
>
> and the meta data don't hold any comment (easy to see in Konkeror)
> even after quitting digikam)
>
> Digikam from opensuse 10.3, 0.9.2 final with kde 3.5.7, release 72.6

Works perfectly fine here.
Tested with a jpg file, debian etch, digikam 0.9.4-svn,
kde 3.5.5, Kipi 0.1.6, KExiv2 0.1.7, Exiv2 0.16-pre1.

Arnd