[Digikam-users] beginner's question

errol errol at tzora.co.il
Sun Dec 21 12:09:36 GMT 2008

I am new to Digikam, having used Picassa before. I am stuck on the first
stage of using Digikan, that of "finding" and importing photos into
Digikam. I have thousands of photos, dispersed all over my computer
which has 3 hard drives. As I was a Windows user for many years a lot of
these photos are on a NTFS drive, others are in an external hard drive
and others are on CD's or DVD's.

On Picasa all I did was have the program "search" my computer and all my
photos were "imported" to Picasa. How does one import photos into
Digikam after installing Digikam in my Kubuntu KDE 4.1 program. The main
problem seems to be importing photos that aren't on a Linux partition.

If this is a question that has been dealt with before, I apologize and
if one points me in the right direction I'll try to figure it out.

Errol