[Digikam-users] Color management with Nikon d40x

Gary Pajer gary.pajer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 20:46:57 GMT 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:03 PM,  <junk at lexoncom.com> wrote:
> This is what I feel too.
> It looks like Nikon software tweaks the image by deafult and we dont have
> control over it (during raw conversion). Digicam does not do anything and
> I would say in some sense this is more professional aproach.

Is that right?  Doesn't digiKam reset (at least) the black point and
white point?  On my installation, the sliders in the "levels" menu
come up  non-zero (and non-full-scale) by default.  I suppose there
must  be some way to control the default behavior ... but I'm new at
digiKam, and am still learning my way around.

-gary