[Digikam-users] Copying a patched/modified digikam to another machine -?possible/how?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Thu Dec 11 21:31:30 GMT 2008

Well in the case of old / missing libraries you need to build even more
packages, because they will not be available on the new system and the
digikam package installation will fail (or at least digikam will not start).

You could be risky and analyze what files have been copied while compiling
digikam / libs / kipi etc.
Rsync / copy those files to the new machine :-)
Actually this should work quite easy: use rsync to copy the whole KDE folder
to the other machine (do a backup first of course). I know that I managed
this to work on archlinux as I moved to another laptop, but I don't know if
Ubuntu is happy with this solution...

Andi