[Digikam-users] How to set IPTC infromation on selected photos/albums?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 2 14:21:59 GMT 2008

I'm running digikam 0.9.5 beta.

I have been scanning old pictures and slides and have been putting
camera and film information in the IPTC 'Source' field.  This seemed
to work once but now I see that that *same* camera and film type is
stored against every picture I've scanned and also against newer
digital pictures.

I'm sure this *used* to work, I set the source in Configure Digikam -
Identity, then selected som images and clicked on "Synchronize Images
with database" and just those images would get the current Identity.
However this now seems to have set every single image I have in
digikam to the same identity - surely it should be doing this!

Is there any way to set Exif information 'in bulk', i.e. for selected
images or albums?  That would, admittedly, be a better place for the
camera and film information but I can't see any easy way of setting it
in digikam.

--
Chris Green