[Digikam-users] Connection problems between Digikam and my camera.

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Aug 29 16:06:00 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 15:21:53, Jean Sebok wrote:

> - OpenSuse 11.0
> - Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7.(recognized as Panasonic DMC-LC1 in the list
> of camera)
> Until now, I used the older version of Opensuse, the 10.3 and had no
> problems.
> Since I upgraded it, when I try to download my pictures to my computer,
> after connecting the camera via the USB connection, I get a message
> saying that it's not connected.
> But it is. Plus the camera is seen by my system as "USB Mass storage
> interface"

Does it work if you use Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP)?
You can select this in the menu of your camera.

On my home PC I use a card reader (approx 10 €) where I simply put in the
memory cards, so I don't have to select what camera is connected. Then I
select "download with digikam" or "open in new window" (=konqueror) depending
of what I want to do...

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/