[Digikam-users] lost of exif data when converting from raw

POTTIER Michel Michel.pottier at free.fr
Mon Aug 11 14:56:34 BST 2008

Le Monday 11 August 2008 15:11:12 Gerhard Kulzer, vous avez écrit :
> On Monday 11 August 2008 14:56:30 POTTIER Michel wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >  When i convert raw file (nikon nef) to jpeg format i lost all the
> > meta-data. I have not this problem when converting to png format.
> > Is there something to configure?
> >
> > I use digikam 0.9.4 with a mandriva 2008.1
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Don't you have it the other way around?
> There is no setting, if possible digiKam will write metadata to any file
> format. And jpeg is the first one to be supported.
If I save from png to jpeg I have the meta-data in the new jpeg file.
So i can do: Raw --> png ---> jpg
But it was very strange for me to have not the exif in the jpeg and to have it
in the png file because, as you say, jpeg is the first supported format, and
because in the documentation of dcraw they said "If you choose JPEG as Save
Format then the meta-data included in RAW file will be included in the JPEG
files like Exif information."
So i think something is wrong somewhere.
Thanks