[Digikam-users] Search questions

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sun Aug 10 18:28:48 BST 2008

Is it just me or is the search facility in Digikam really strange?

I.e. I click on the search button on the left hand side and I see
searches I've already done but no apparent way to do a new search.
The only way to do a new search seems to be to edit an existing search.

Surely people expect, when they click on search, to see a search box
where they enter what they want to search for.

Futher, it seems to be a bit broken.  I searched for some pictures of
a friends by their family name, I found them OK.  I then tried to copy
from the search to a CD, i.e. "Select All" and then "Export" but that
doesn't work.  So I dragged them to a new folder, then realised I'd
moved them rather than copying them and copied them back to the places
where they'd come from.  However even though the images are back in
their original albums *and* in the album I copied them to Search no
longer finds them.  I've stopped and restarted Digikam, etc. etc. but
search still doesn't find them.  The captions are fine though.  I've
also resynchonised the Albums with the database, still no joy.

... oh, Digikam 0.9.4 on Fedora.

--
Chris Green