[Digikam-users] ideas...

Theresa rockprinzess at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:36:20 BST 2008

Thanks for all the speedy replies, especially to Gilles.

I've tried the Anti-vignetting plugin in Digikam, but it's not quite what I want. I think i'll stick to the Lomo plugin for Gimp.

The white balance plugin in Digikam looks better than the Color Temperature one for Gimp, so I might be using that in future! Thanks for the good advice!

Also, on another note, I've found this on the digikam website:
Pictures samples

We need some sample files produced by recent digital cameras, especially RAW and JPEG files from different manufacturers (like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Sigma and so on).
With these files, we'll be able to look at metadatas (Marker-Notes) embedded in the files to improve their support in digiKam (via the exiv2 library).

We also need sample files produced by all kind of applications (including other OS and proprietary softwares like photoshop) that include IPTC/XMP metadata. It's to ensure compatibility with other tools and to test the new automatic import of these datas in the digiKam database (comments and tags update and so on).

Let me know if you still need sample files, I have a Olympus camera.

cheers,
Theresa