[Digikam-users] very slow on mounts

Andreas Weigl kde at silicoids-world.de
Sun Apr 13 18:17:51 BST 2008

Hi

Am Sunday 13 April 2008 schrieb Arnd Baecker:
> > I just realized that digikam is very slow on a net mount, or dying.
> > Normally I store all my data on a server (hd is mirrored, backuped,...)
> > But after copying all album back to the server and restarting digikam
> > (changed the path in digikamrc) it tooks hours and nothing happend.
> >
> > I mount a smb share with cifs static in fstab.

NFS has the option nolock. I do not know if smb knows it too.
I know that other Unix Systems "included" smb in NFS so basically some of the
options for nfs work with smb too.

> Ok, that's most likely the source of the problem:
> the database file (digikam3.db) is on a NFS/smb share.
> This is not supported due to limitations of the underlying sqlite
> database.

As I already stated in the thread "Albumroot on remote filesystem", the basic
problem is that locking doesn't work properly on network filesystems.
With nolock the locks are set on the local machine only and everything works
fine.

Andreas