[Digikam-users] very slow on mounts

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sun Apr 13 07:16:42 BST 2008

Hi Michael,

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Michael Stoehrel wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just realized that digikam is very slow on a net mount, or dying.
> Normally I store all my data on a server (hd is mirrored, backuped,...)
> But after copying all album back to the server and restarting digikam
> (changed the path in digikamrc) it tooks hours and nothing happend.
>
> I mount a smb share with cifs static in fstab.

Ok, that's most likely the source of the problem:
the database file (digikam3.db) is on a NFS/smb share.
This is not supported due to limitations of the underlying sqlite
database.

For background/workarounds see this FAQ entry:
  http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/219

With digikam 0.10 multiple root albums will be possible,
including that the database is on a different disk than
the images themselves.

Best, Arnd