[Digikam-users] New search in digikam 0.10

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 21:59:40 BST 2008

> Hi All,
>
> I want to know is there is a documentation that explains the new search
> capabilities (I think that this is linked with the new database model).
>
> I just compiled the latest svn version, and I tried the new search, which
> is very important for me. I was surprised that a lot of IPTC tag are not
> searchable. Before adding more comments or wishes, I prefer to get and read
> all related documentation if they exists.
>
> By the way, I'm really happy with digikam and i only want to share my view
> with you in order to make digikam better.
>
> Philippe

There is the DBSCHEMA.ods file which describes the database and some of the
intended IPTC core and Dublin Core mappings.
Note that neither all these mappings are complete, nor the related search
tools.
I have used the XMP specification and the "IptcCore For Xmp" specification.
Feel free to outline which fields you need, use cases are very welcome as well
at this stage.

Marcel