[Digikam-users] Some questions about the ImageEditor

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Nov 26 10:12:07 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 07:34:47AM +0100, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> Am Sunday 25 November 2007 schrieb Chris G:
> > Aha!  Maybe I have found the (an?) issue here.  My digikam manual says in
> > Chapter 1  Background:-
> >
> >     digiKam incorporates a fast Image Editor with basic image editing
> >     tools. You can use the Image Editor to view your photographs,
> >     comment and rate them, make corrections and alterations. The
> >     editing power can be easily extended by two sets of plugins, the
> >     Kde Image Plugins Interface (manual) and the DigikamImagePlugins.
> >     (manual)
> >
> > I.e. it has links to separate Kipi and Image plugin documentation.
> > However the online documentation you have pointed to at
> > http://www.digikam.org/?q=docs *doesn't'* have the link to Image
> > plugin documentation, it says:-
> >
> >     digiKam incorporates a fast Image Editor with many image editing
> >     tools. You can use the Image Editor to view your photographs,
> >     comment and rate them, correct, enhance and alter them. The
> >     editing power can be easily extended by a set of plugins, the Kde
> >     Image Plugins Interface (manual)
> >
> > So which is right?
>
> Depends on your version.
> With 0.9.1 (I think) we moved the digikamimageplugins into the main
> application, no separate package and manual anymore, all is in digikam now.
> You seem to have an old doc intallation. The online doc is the latest version
> of course. The only optional plugins now are the KIPI plugins.

Well my installation says I have:-

    digikam.x86_64      0.9.2-1.fc7
    digikam-doc.noarch  0.9.2-0.1.beta2.fc7

So they are both 0.9.2, however I guess the beta documentation might
not have quite caught up.

Thanks for the explanation though, I must admit the Image Editor does
*feel* as if it's fully integrated into digikam so it does make sense.

--
Chris Green