[Digikam-users] How to remove IPTC tags.

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Nov 26 07:03:49 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Paristo wrote:

> Is there way to remove IPTC tags or non-camera exif (user added Exif)
> info from pictures?

You could try exiv2 on the command line, in particular the -d option.
If you have isolated the file which causes the problem,
please make a copy before so that we could have a look at
the file to find the origin of the problem.

> I had this problem that Digikam dont start, it just hangs to "Reading
> database" and mayby 1/20 it get pass that. It didnt help to recompile
> with --debug option because then it started normal way and didnt give
> any erros

So there are no messages on the console which would give any hint?

> but without debug compiled in it, it dont start with my
> pictures. With some pictures it will start and when i add more, it
> works and suddenly it dont start anymore even i dont have added more.

> I think problem is now on those IPTC or Exif data what i have added to
> pictures by "sync with database" option.

Might be...
Which version of digikam are you using?
Which version of exiv2 are you using?
(Can be found with a running digikam under "About")
Which instructions did you follow to generate
the debug version (e.g. http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn )?

Your problem reminds me of a bug which has been fixed recently...

Best, Arnd