[Digikam-users] Some questions about the ImageEditor

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sun Nov 25 20:17:18 GMT 2007

First question (whose answer may clear up a lot of the subsequent
ones), is there no help?

When I click on help or use the links from the main Digikam manual I
get:-
    There is no documentation available for /digikamimageplugins/index.htm

This is on a standard digikam 0.9.2-final installation on Fedora 7.

Anyway, to a question and a comment:-

    I'm confused by the two ! icons which appear in various places.
    They're in the view menu marked as "Under Exposure Indicator" and
    "Over Exposure Indicator", what do they do?  Do the same icons do
    the same thing in the other places where they appear.

    What confused me a lot in the View menu is that many (all?) of the
    commands are toggles, so "Fit to Window" for example does the
    opposite of "Fit to Window" the first time you click on it!

I suspect that for the rest I will begin to get more familiar with
digikam, it's certainly 'smoother' than when I last tried it a couple
of years ago and it's beaten Picasa for me this time.

--
Chris Green