[Digikam-users] Editing RAW-converted PNGs and then saving for Web

Ari El ari.reads at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:05:46 GMT 2007

Quick question. I'm editing 16-bit PNGs which are in the  wide-gamut colour
space. After I'm done, I want to generate a version of the image for posting
in the web. For that, I'm going to use (8-bit) JPGs with srgb-d65 as color
profile.

If in digikam, after editing my png, I do save-as JPG, digikam keeps the
original wide-gamut color space. I need digikam to convert the image to
srgb-d65, then save the jpg. How can I do this?

Gimp has the option to Convert the color space of the image but I can't find
the same in Digikam. Obviously in the conversion the tone range shrinks but
this makes no difference when viewing the image in a PC monitor, which can't
do more than srgb-d65.

I don't use Gimp for the conversion because I want the converson to be done
in 16bits (PNG) which gimp still can't handle.

TIA